Monday, July 30, 2012

July 2012 Empties

Hey Everyone!

It's my favourite post of the month... Monthly Empties! This month I can actually say I think I did a pretty good job... I tried to get rid of some samples that were just sitting there collecting dust.. so let's start reviewing!


1. Jergens Natural Glow in Firming (Medium to Tan Skin)- Claims that it is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite... now I don't know about that but I like using this product to give me gradual colour. It doesn't smell the greatest but its better than others. Would I buy this again... yes.
2. Bath and Body Works Bali Mango- I had this for over a year now and just finished it.. I like BBW's lotions I think they do its job and I really like the smell of mango!
3. Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Body Wash- As soon as I wash myself with this I feel more energized.. I love the smell of this product.. I don't feel like its the most nourishing but the smell just wins me over for sure.
4. Dove Dry Shampoo- I REALLY like this product.. for a cheaper alternative to what I usually buy.. I would buy this. My boyfriend even said to me one day that my hair smelled really good.. little does he know its dry shampoo.. haha
5. Vaseline Dry Skin Lotion- This product was a let down for me.. as soon as I put the lotion on my hands it soaked it right up but not in a good way. I wanted to keep applying. I won't buy this again.
6. Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel (White Citrus)- I love these small little hand gels.. easy to pop into my purse and away I go.. I would buy this smell again too.
7. J.R Watkins Hand & Body Lotion- When I first got this in my Luxe Box.. I was soo excited to try this product. I loved the smell at first.. but then it was wayy too strong for my liking. I put it on at work and people did not like the smell at all. Won't be repurchasing.
8. Slatkin and Co. White Citrus Candle- Love buying these candles at BBW's and just decided to share with you that I just love the smell. It's not overwhelming. I would def buy this smell again for a candle!
9. Lancome Primordiale Cell Defense Serum- I really didn't use this product a lot.. I had it for over a year and its just a sample. I wouldn't repurchase. Didn't wow me.
10. Orlane Absolate Skin Recovery Cleansing Serum Eyes- No thanks.. a Luxe Box sample.. I'll stick to my towellets. It made my skin really greasy!
11. Lancome Primoridale Eye Cream- I had this product for over a year and loved it. It lasts a long time and since my skin doesn't have wrinkles... I just use this as my day and night cream under my eyes. I already repurchased another eye cream from Lancome since this one is not available anymore.
12. Lush Colour Supplement (Light Yellow)- I actually didn't use up all my sample on this one...I put the product all over my face and I just didn't like the consistency. I would rather use something else other than this product.
13. Fructis Color Shield- I tried both shampoo and conditioner in these samples.. the smell is really nice but it didn't really wow me or do anything much for my hair. I wouldn't buy this product.

There ya have it.. all my empties for the month.. and yes I did throw in a couple miscellaneous products like a candle.. well just because I wanted to haha! As you can see I have been trying to hydrate my skin.. trying to use up a lot of different lotions! Me and my boyfriend right before bed give each other hand massages...so relaxing...

Have you tried any of these products? What are you thoughts? 




27 comments:

  1. Fructis Color Shield- there are more better drug store color shampoos out there. When BBW had their sale on their little bottles of lotions I bought the orange/ginger body lotion, I would defiantly buy a big bottle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried that scent before.. I'll have to def buy it next time I go there!

      Delete
  2. I love all Dove products, so I would definitely try the dry shampoo. I might also try the Lancome Eye Cream since you like it so much!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously try the Dove Dry shampoo.. I actually liked it! I didn't think I was going to at first!

      Delete
  3. Great job! I really need to start doing this and using up all of the products that I have instead of buying more all the time! I completely agree with you on the Softsoap body wash giving you more energy. I take a shower in the mornings and after I put this on I feel so much more awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smells soo good! :)
      It's hard not to buy though.. I'm holding out on lotion till I'm done all of them!

      Delete
  4. I love the Dove dry shampoo too and it's one of my empties as well, but only due to malfunction! I used it TWICE and it leaked overnight leaving my bottle completely empty! I also found the Orlane eye cream to be too greasy...great empties though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That sucks.. I had no problem with it.. I hope they come out with a better can then!

      Delete
  5. I was going to buy the Dove dry shampoo but I like to read reviews first and over 80% of the people that tried it said that the bottle leaked so they only got to use it once or twice! Lucky you :)


    Andrea
    Andrea and the Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! I'll have to remember to maybe test it out in the stores when I go and purchase another one!

      Delete
  6. I felt the same way with the J.R watckins cream, it was way to strong, I just gave it to my mom and it just sits in our downstairs washroom! I LOVE the Bali mango cream , I have a mini one of it and I really enjoy it! I've never heard of the white citrus candle, but it seems really nice. I have a collection going of BBW candles, I went online and saw that they are getting their fall scents in, something tells me I won't be able to resist:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. the fall scents are bad news every year I always get creamy pumpkin.. is is seriously amazing!

      Delete
    2. Ohh I had a sanitizer in that scent and I loved! Thanks for the heads up, will definitely be getting that candle;)

      Delete
  7. great empties- you went through lots! I agree with you on the LUSH colour supplements, I don't really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya.. I didn't like them.. it felt really weird on my skin!

      Delete
  8. Yes! Its really great! I like to use it anytime of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll buy this hand gel! I love citrus :D
    Btw: i really like reading your blog!

    Maybe we could follow each other? :D
    I already follow you! (name: "fille" - you should find me on the last page, because I haven't got a profile picture)

    My fashion blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brittany!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :) Please check out my blog for dets! :)

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey nice blog here, I had a look at your outfits and they're lovely...and you look like a really sweet girl =)
    I'm your newest follower now, and I hope you will follow me back, it would be great to keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is amazing so glad I found it!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post :) I really like the sound of the dry shampoo and the candle :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog through BlogLoveTherapy! Following :)

    Follow back?
    http://thirteenfashionblog.blogspot.com

    -Kendall & Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  15. lancome eye cream - the best! nice review, very informative.

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know.
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dove products are affordable and work well! Lush is also another favourite of mine.

    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried any of these products so it is nice to have a little review on all of them so I know what I want to go out and get.. so many empties this month! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girl! Great post...I love reading these. I wasn't a fan of the Lush color supplements either! xo

    ReplyDelete